Hey everyone! Last week I uploaded a video on how to apply lashes. I love to use lashes because my natural lashes frequently ride the struggle bus (sigh). While I love mascara sometimes the look that I’m going for requires a lash to amp it up.
Recently I found a company that sells super affordable lashes and they are of BOMB quality. Your Lash Bar has a nice variety of styles. I was soooo excited to try these lashes and I fell in love with the style Dirty Martini. I also love the prices and Your Lash Bar offers bundle deals, 3 for $15 and 5 for $25.
Regardless of the brand or style this is how I apply my lashes. Below in the video I show you these steps in action.
- Prep my lash line in 2 ways
- Tight line my water line with a pencil liner. My favorite is the NYC kohl liner
- Line the lid. I prefer a liquid or cream liner for this step. I usually make the line super thin or if you prefer a winged line this is when you can do that.
- Prep my lashes with mascara and curl if needed.
- Measure the lash and trim from the outer side if you need. You want the lash to fall into perspective with your natural shape.
- Thinly apply 2 coast of lash glue (no it doesn’t matter if you use clear or black glue).
- Let your glue get tacky by drying it for about 15-30 seconds. This is so important because your lash won’t have so much slip when you put it on.
- Put the lash to your lash line and start to secure. I like to secure the center and then the corners.
- Let it set and can blend the strip with a little more liner to conceal if needed.
- Then you can blink away!!! This is the equivilant to a hair flip after a fresh style or wig in my case 😉