I don’t hide my love for affordable wigs, in fact I celebrate it proudly. I’ve been wearing synthetic lace front wigs for a little over a year and have reviewed a ton in different styles, lengths, and hair colors. I have been able to satisfy my desire to be versatile without breaking the bank or damaging my hair by wearing wigs.
Divatress.com sent me a unit to review and I was overjoyed. Before I speak on the wig, let me reassure you that this site has a TON of affordable wig options, so check them out here.
The first wig I reviewed on my YouTube Channel is the Isis Brown Sugar Lace Front Wig BS219 and you can shop the wig here. I’ve included my list of pros, cons, and styling tips and please watch my un-boxing and try-on as well below.
- Price is $40 super affordable
- Color on the wig is amazing and perfectly blended
- The wig shape is an angled bob with flattering layers.
- The lace on this wig is super soft and blends well!
- Did not have to pluck the part at all. Sometimes the part is too dense and has to be plucked with tweezers.
- Large head friendly!
- I wish the back of the wig was denser.
- The curls fell easy when I picked them apart by hand.
- This wig doesn’t state being heat friendly and says that the hair blend is called human hair style-mix; very confusing.
- I picked out the curls to achieve more volume and desired texture.
- I also sheared the side bang so it will lay perfectly.
- I added my concealer to the part to define it more
I won’t lie, I’ve been fascinated with the seeing versatility that King Kylie herself has been able to achieve with a few good ass wigs and unconventional hair color. Why? Because I too want to have green hair somedays (seriously I do) and a good blowout. I want this luxury without the hefty price tag or seeing all of my hair on the floor.
A little background about my hair is that it is mostly unprocessed, like a little grown-out hair color from last year, without any chemical processing; aka a relaxer. So to get my hair colored will cause damage, and to get it straight takes about 4 hours. Ain’t nobody got time for that! A wig like the one Kylie and other popular Instagram gals wear off a lot of style options with out damaging a girl’s home-grown locks. Nevertheless these beautiful wigs can retail in the range of $300 or more. Yup… just google virgin hair wigs if you think I’m kidding. Le sigh…
I usually take to Youtube when researching any beauty hack, so my search continued there where I found a possible solution. My research led me to the alternative; a synthetic hair wig. Now while these looked beautiful on other girls on Youtube, I personally grew up terrified of due to the ghastly appearance of plastic looking hair 😦 One bad hair day + tight budget while away from home led me to the beauty store where I resorted to trying on a synthetic wig. I was scared and sure I would not have any luck, well I was wrong. Updated technology has made synthetic hair fibers look better than ever! What a pleasant surprise 🙂 Below in the video I’m showing and telling how I snatched my own Kylie-inspired hair style for a whole lot less! Click, watch and enjoy!